WordPress Blog and Website Tutorial
If you were not able to access this on the Talent Hub WebEx platform, here is a VERY LARGE video file of the WordPress tutorial session. Alternatively, you can click on this link to watch the streaming web video.
In addition to the basics of setting up a WordPress account and a unique resource locator (URL, or web address) for your blog/website, this tutorial also covers the following ten learning points:
- How to change the text that is visible on the home page.
- How to add a page to your website/blog.
- How to add a post to your website/blog.
- How to “tag” your posts so they are optimized for search and readership.
- How to include pictures in your blog posts and pages.
- How to include a “hyperlink” from your post and/or page to another website.
- How to set up your blog/website to automatically share posts to other social media sites, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- How to put links directly on your website/blog that will take readers to your Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- How to set up and activate the Really Simply Syndication (RSS) feed for your blog.
- How to view the traffic your site is getting, including search terms, links, and most popular topics.