Today’s the Day – Orientation Session 1
For those of you who are signed up for today’s Talent Hub orientation at the College of Central Florida – Ocala Campus, I am looking forward to meeting with you and sharing some ideas about “the new world of work” to kick off this four-week training program and demonstration project for the Citrus, Levy and Marion county workforce region.
And if you haven’t signed up, no worries … you can join us this afternoon at 3:00 pm at the Klein Conference Center, Building 40 on this map. The session is scheduled to run 1-1/2 hours, and there will be a period for Q&A at the end.
Here is an overview of what we’ll cover in today’s session:
- Trends in the workplace and the “future of work”
- The move to a contingent workforce
- What it takes to freelance, pros and cons
- Top ten freelancing jobs
- How to find freelancing opportunities
- Preview of the four-week training program
- Next steps
We have one more orientation session next week, on Monday, April 30 in Lecanto. I hope to see you at Talent Hub!